Are you tired of the way anxiety hurts your self-esteem, lowers your confidence, and affects the things most precious to you including your family, friends and work? I know you want a healthy family and social life, and repair the damage in your life. This article will help you better understand anxiety and choose treatment options that are best for you.
Anxiety Disorders: There is an anxiety treatment without medications for these disorders.
Panic Disorder; Social Phobia; Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Agoraphobia, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder , Social Anxiety Disorder, Specific Phobia
What is anxiety?
Anxiety is a normal human emotion, but sometimes with the appropriate trigger (a frightening event), the stress begins to have a life of its own and gets out of hand.
Although Generalized anxiety (excessive worry about everything) is the most common anxiety disorder, the most familiar form of anxiety talked about is the panic attack. I’m sure you are familiar with anxiety symptoms. The following are too familiar to you:
1. Feeling short of breath, you throat squeezing and feeling like you are about to die.
2. Feeling like you have a heart attack, but told by your doctor there is nothing medically wrong.
3. Feeling trapped in places where you can’t easily escape, like public speaking, at the store, or at a social gathering.
4. Feeling depressed being unable to enjoy getting out and around others
5. Worried your anxiety is going to come on suddenly in the most embarrassing places
What Are The Causes of Anxiety?
Many people who suffer from anxiety have grown up in homes where there is a lot of anxiety. Perhaps their mother was very nervous, expressing worry over ever scrape, bruise, and event. Maybe one parent was missing from home and you as a child were never sure what was going to happen next.
The Best Treatments for Anxiety
First, there is an option for anxiety treatment without medications and without having to go to a therapist. If you are ready to address you anxiety, this is how.
1. Therapy: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy; Individual therapy: These approaches are critical. Studies have shown that therapy along or therapy with medication does better in the long run than just therapy alone.
2. Aerobic Exercise: Probably the least utilized and one of the most beneficial treatments for anxiety is aerobic exercise. It does not have to be much: 30 min 5 times per week.
3. Relaxation and Meditation: Tai Chi is excellent. Learning deep breathing exercises and doing than through the day is helpful. Learning how to meditate with visual imagery may be useful.
4. Massage: There is nothing like a good massage. It delivers the tension built up in muscles, especially those in the back and neck that can lead to headaches.
Anxiety is a very treatable condition. You can find an anxiety treatment without medications that will work for you. Remember, people are different. If one method doesn’t work for you, keep trying!